Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Utilisez votre imagination!

Translation: Use your imagination!

So, it's been extremely typical of almost every conversation I have regarding my upcoming adventure for people to ask me standard questions; Where will I be living? What do I plan on doing while there? What am I most excited for? What kind of French man I will fall in love with and bring home upon my return?--

HOLD IT!!! French Man? Love? Bring Home?! Is that really such a typical question? I never would have thought so.

As soon as I declare that I will not be bringing any "French Man" home with me, the imagination of the person who asked me this question begins to become fascinated with its own brilliance and creativity. Examples:

"Oh, his name will be Jean-Paul, Jean-Paul Gerard, and he will smell bad because he won't shower and will chain-smoke cigarettes" - Marcotte

"He'll be some fat black guy named Beauvière, who loves fried chicken. I expect you to bring him straight home to meet me first." - Bill Hines

I prefer to believe that if I am indeed reduced to this fate, I'll somehow find myself a dreamy artist like Luc Laurent from Brothers & Sisters. But like I said, I DECLARE that no Jean-Paul, Beauvière or even Luc will be brought back home to the states - unless of course he's stalking me. However, I understand how fun this use of imagination can be, so here on my beginnings of my blog, I will make a place for all of you to participate.

What kind of man do YOU think I will bring home? All you have to do, is click here and follow me through your Yahoo, Google, Twitter, etc., and you will be able to comment below to describe the most horrific and disgusting, or wonderfully handsome man your creative mind can come up with for me. I give you all full permission to really go for it; reach for the very limits of your imagination, and have some fun!

1 comment:

  1. Is the population of young suitors that poor in the USof A? For years now I can attest to many strange and wonderful people in this City of Lights. The path you choose will be certainly less traveled by. And many back home have their curiosity and their interest and perhaps concern. The fact you have left the nest and are studying and living out of the country is a curiosity of your own. As well as courageous! This may help or amuse this question of love. Yes indeed there are fewer Bob's and Larry's here and names can always sound rather romantic in these parts.
    Keep your wits about you and follow your heart. Like Billy Joel once sang," Life is a series of hellos and good-byes.." Embrace each moment and smile that pretty smile. Evoila!

    ReplyDelete